We know sex sells but what happens when he or she just isn’t into you anymore?
Like any relationship, building upon a foundation of honesty, openness, communication, trust and connection even in the bedroom matters, which develops a loving, lasting relationship. Sex isn’t the only link to a healthy relationship however it is a part of the bonding intimacy between partners.
“But he isn’t interested anymore!” is common comment I hear.
Let’s look at this comment from a different perspective.
There are many factors that may contribute to a stagnant sexual desire.
- Medical problem such as erectile dysfunction due to hormonal changes, excessive alcoholism, excessive caffeine, neurogenic dysfunction (lower trauma lumbar spine), obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, vascular damage, prostate problems, infections, PCOS, childbirth, hormones and even some medications will impact desire and ability.
- Gym/Bootcamp when the normal hormone levels have been stimulated, excessive protein in diet causing kidney pressure -UTI, urgency, stones, high BP.
- Nutrition and the right balance of, makes for a happy body environment however due to busy lives, over farmed soils, fast foods, pre-packaged foods, preservatives, chemicals and toxins often leaves our body chemistry out of balance.
- Stress from financial pressure, workload, management, an internal dialogue of failure to perform, depression, shift work, conflict in the home.
- Children can make a dint in any relationship the trick here is to schedule in date night or 5 minute free together time to be uninterrupted each day. (Depending on age)
- Work minded is often a common trend affecting many people unable to disconnect from work life. With work emails easily accessible on mobile phones, often thoughts (and sometimes the extra effort) continue on throughout the night robbing partners of quality time to build on their relationship.
- Working different shifts, own business or work identity crisis depletes even the best of us. Chronic stress from work pressure may have a flow on affect within our body causing medical problems as mentioned above.
- Fatigue whether it be mental or physical affects the whole body which then flows onto ability, desire, attitude and a whole host of other emotions.
Are you ready to discuss what may be going on in your world?