You have heard of sleep hygiene and tried everything possible for a better night’s rest, right?
Here are a few different ideals that may have slipped your mind.
• What type of mattress do you have? Is it right for you?
o Innerspring. Experts say more than 400 coils do not make much difference other than being able to roll out easier in the morning if you are overweight.
o Memory foam. Full of chemicals and may increase warmth if you are a warm person.
o Air mattress. Expensive choice but you have personalise each side of the bed to suit you and your partner.
• What sheets do you prefer? Cotton and linen allow air flow with a thread count of 200 – 400. The higher thread counts the more air and moisture trapped between the bedding.
• Wash your sheets often! At least once a week wash your sheets. The smell and feel of fresh sheets actually helps you sleep more soundly. It is also better hygiene as your body sheds dry and dead cells, oil and sweat. Don’t forget the pillow cases and seasonal bedding.
• Make your bed. A clean an tidy room enhances sleep. Sounds crazy but this simple tip has a profound affect on sleep. Have a place for everything and be sure to make your bed each morning ready for the nightly rest awaiting you after work.
• Which pillow is right? First of all be sure to replace your pillow every 18 months as it traps mould, pollen and dust mites.
o If you are a belly sleeper, get a very soft thin pillow.
o If you are a back sleeper, get a contoured pillow that supports your neck. Also by placing a towel or thin pillow under the knees may help to reduce snoring and increase blood circulation.
o If you are a side sleeper, get a large firm pillow to bridge the gap between your ear and shoulder. Also raise the opposite leg and arm to keep your spine straight and a pillow between your knees can help keep your spine in line also.
• Pj’s. Always consider cotton as it is breathable and light. Choose a looser fit for comfort and if you feel the cold, wear socks.
I ❤️ Herbs! Our next batch of herbals are now being prepared just for you. We have Lemon Balm, Siberian Ginseng and Yarrow just for starters and can personalise any herbal prescription. ? Here is ...READ MORE
It is an anti-inflammatory lifestyle that how been long linked to lower risk cardiac disease, some cancers and ease chronic pain. Food groups that are eaten daily are: loads of fruits ...READ MORE
Let's journey together, unravelling the issues making you unwell leading to a healthier happy you. Feel good each and every day!READ MORE
Protein is an important component of every cell in the body. Hair and nails are mostly made of protein. Your body uses protein to build and repair tissues. You also use protein ...READ MORE
It’s time to take charge of your own life and allow the healing rivers to run deep. Yes now! Why wait until January 1st to renew that recurring resolution..... We are ...READ MORE
Wrecked or Salvageable? Ruined or Repairable? Some would say these pieces of machinery would be ruined due to the rusty condition. Others would say each one is repairable just in need of ...READ MORE
Iron is an essential nutrient to many body cells activities however iron causes a problem for many people of either being deficient or an overload, both of which threatens optimal ...READ MORE
Fruit salad!!! A few years ago I was asked to speak at a local retirement village/elderly home. As much as I shared with them, each and every person shared with me, it ...READ MORE
Far too often we are in auto-pilot mode with a list of ‘must dos’ every single day, as each day blurs into another. Do you know what I am talking ...READ MORE