You have heard of sleep hygiene and tried everything possible for a better night’s rest, right?
Here are a few different ideals that may have slipped your mind.
• What type of mattress do you have? Is it right for you?
o Innerspring. Experts say more than 400 coils do not make much difference other than being able to roll out easier in the morning if you are overweight.
o Memory foam. Full of chemicals and may increase warmth if you are a warm person.
o Air mattress. Expensive choice but you have personalise each side of the bed to suit you and your partner.
• What sheets do you prefer? Cotton and linen allow air flow with a thread count of 200 – 400. The higher thread counts the more air and moisture trapped between the bedding.
• Wash your sheets often! At least once a week wash your sheets. The smell and feel of fresh sheets actually helps you sleep more soundly. It is also better hygiene as your body sheds dry and dead cells, oil and sweat. Don’t forget the pillow cases and seasonal bedding.
• Make your bed. A clean an tidy room enhances sleep. Sounds crazy but this simple tip has a profound affect on sleep. Have a place for everything and be sure to make your bed each morning ready for the nightly rest awaiting you after work.
• Which pillow is right? First of all be sure to replace your pillow every 18 months as it traps mould, pollen and dust mites.
o If you are a belly sleeper, get a very soft thin pillow.
o If you are a back sleeper, get a contoured pillow that supports your neck. Also by placing a towel or thin pillow under the knees may help to reduce snoring and increase blood circulation.
o If you are a side sleeper, get a large firm pillow to bridge the gap between your ear and shoulder. Also raise the opposite leg and arm to keep your spine straight and a pillow between your knees can help keep your spine in line also.
• Pj’s. Always consider cotton as it is breathable and light. Choose a looser fit for comfort and if you feel the cold, wear socks.
Do you or do you know someone (your child) who suffers from bed-wetting (nocturnal enuresis)? Did you know it is more common than people discuss? 1 in 5 children still wet the bed ...READ MORE
Any neurologic condition can be concerning, confronting and complicated when a health problem arises that affects a loved one. Below is a brief booklet that may help you and your family ...READ MORE
It is an anti-inflammatory lifestyle that how been long linked to lower risk cardiac disease, some cancers and ease chronic pain. Food groups that are eaten daily are: loads of fruits ...READ MORE
I am sure everyone has heard of how important core strength is but have you ever taken time to think about our body’s scaffolding system? Anna-Louise Bouvier describes our body ...READ MORE
“You can change the course of your day and even your life with your words.” Anonymous "Words are seeds that do more than blow around. They land in our hearts and ...READ MORE
You probably have heard about pre and probiotics, some of you are probably taking them regularly each day for one reason or another. Which one is right for you? Do you take ...READ MORE
Love Others Values Expectation How often do you hear people say he/she doesn’t listen to me? Effective communication has somewhat declined in recent years with the surge of social media. My husband and I would ...READ MORE
Chilli has a range of health benefits some of which are outlined below. Improves blood circulation Reducers abdominal cramping Is a pain reliever Increases metabolism to aid weight loss Helps to relieve congestion caused by ...READ MORE
Loads of people us apps games, music, entertainment, shopping and fitness. Did you know some of the simplest apps are the best when looking at your fitness! Check out the screenshots ...READ MORE