A slightly healthy version of an all time favourite without sugar. Great sliced up into 8cm x 3cm bars for an energy snack.
1 cup water
2 tbsp. butter
1 cup pitted dates, diced
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup walnuts, diced
- Prepare loaf tin by greasing and flouring tin, shake out excess flour.
- Preheat oven 180 degree.
- Into a small saucepan heat water, dates and butter until butter melts and froths. Allow to cool.
- Sift flour into a medium bowl then add all remaining ingredients along with the cooled date mixture.
- Mix well, pour into loaf tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and rest in tin before turning out.