For something different why not try these patties with rice for a main meal, or roll the patties into small bite size balls for finger food snacks.
1 large tin tuna (flavoured or in spring water)
3 large potatoes
2 tbsp. chopped herbs, chives, oregano, fennel
1 stick of celery, diced
1/4 cup peas
2 eggs, beaten lightly
1 cup breadcrumbs
- Peel potatoes, chop, place in a saucepan cover with water.
- Boil until soft.
- Mash not adding any ingredients.
- Drain tuna and add to mash potato with herbs, peas and celery.
- Roll into balls and allow to cool slightly.
- Dip balls into egg then into breadcrumbs. Repeat.
- Heat oil to med-hot, fry balls turning over till golden brown.
- Serve with rice and sweet chilli sauce or salad and chips.