As an entrée or main enjoy the velvety taste of this delicious soup that will warm you to the bones.
4 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. double cream
2.5 ltrs chicken stock
- Clean leeks thoroughly and peel potatoes.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan fry off leeks lightly for a few minutes.
- Add potatoes and stock, place lid on the saucepan and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, making sure vegetables are not sticking to the bottom.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending till smooth with either a stick blender or in a food processor.
- Return soup to pan with milk, reheat.
- Stir in cream just prior to serving.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to your liking.