Dinner time is ever so easy this summer, serving quiche and salad with leftovers for lunch the following day.
1 large diced onion
40g melted butter
2 cups milk
3/4 cup SR Flour
1/2 cup bran
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 teasp basil
3 slices diced bacon
- Place flour, eggs, onion and bran in a bowl.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients in a jug or large bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the mixed dry ingredients and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into a grease flan dish and bake in a moderate-hot (200) oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- This cooks the base and filling.
- Variations may include, semi-dried tomatoes, chopped spinach, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, feta….whatever you desire.
- Serve with salad, hot or cold.