Simplistic yet the taste buds will be craving more even when the pot is empty. Save time after work whilst the chicken is in the oven you can get on with more important things like taking a bath or reading with the kidlets.
4 Maryland chicken pieces. (drumsticks, thighs or breasts can be substituted)
1 sliced onion
1 large tin of apricot nectar
1 pkt french onion soup mix
2 tbsp. plain flour
- Mix in a freezer bag soup mix and flour.
- Add chicken pieces one time at a time ensuring the pieces are covered with the seasoning.
- Lightly fry the chicken pieces, making sure the pan is not overloaded.
- Cook only till lightly brown as the main cooking will take place in the oven.
- Combine the left over soup mix with the apricot nectar into a casserole dish. Add chicken.
- Place in oven without lid and cook on moderate (180) oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice. I enjoy the chicken stirfry vegetables.